OVH continues expansion into Australia with Public Cloud launch
The APAC datacenters, located in Sydney and Singapore, will increase the total number of OVH Public Cloud locations from six to eight, spanning four continents.
Businesses in the APAC region can now enjoy the rewards of using local destinations for IaaS, such as improved resilience, better connection speeds and faster data transfer. The expansion will also reward customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) with the capability to deploy Public Cloud resources in APAC, in addition to any of OVH’s existing regional networks, allowing effortless business development anywhere in the world.
“Delivering a fast and reliable service to our customers is paramount to everything we do at OVH,” said Michel Paulin, CEO, OVH. “By adding Public Cloud regions in APAC, we commit to develop in this region of the world and aim to support the local cloud users’ growth. It aligns with our multi-local strategy, placing datacenters physically closer to local end-users. It also benefits our EMEA customers looking to do business in APAC, where OVH has operated since 2016.”
“Since opening our APAC HQ in Melbourne in 2017, we’ve seen a strong demand for the fast, flexible and transparent cloud infrastructures that we offer local customers,” said OVH Asia-Pacific Director Lionel Legros.
“We’re excited to be launching our Public Cloud in the Australian market, providing start-up and SMEs the choice to build their own tailored-made cloud solutions to suit their business needs,” he concluded.
Following this expansion, OVH now operates Public Cloud worldwide and provides Public Cloud services from datacenters in Singapore, Australia, Poland, the UK, Canada and France.
“It’s exciting to see a pioneer in open infrastructure like OVH operating OpenStack at scale on 4 continents, with more than 260,000 instances,” said Mark Collier, COO, OpenStack Foundation. “OVH's involvement in the OpenStack community since 2014 has proven that open collaboration works, and we look forward to their continued success as they expand into APAC this year.”
Overview of the OVH Public Cloud in the Asia-Pacific:
- Best-in-class performance, availability and flexibility for businesses looking to scale and adopt cloud capacity instantly
- Based on OpenStack open-source software
- Intuitive to use and easily deployable
- Ability to service businesses of all sizes: from balanced CPU/RAM instances (for web or business applications) to high compute performances (perfect for large databases and big data) and passing through GPU instances (designed for AI applications)
- Access to OVH 16 Tbps worldwide network and free anti-DDos
- vRack service, connecting worldwide services in an isolated way so users can build complex private infrastructures on a global multi-data center level
- Up to 6 Tbps of traffic included across the region
- Predictable billing and no lock-in contracts
For more information on OVH Public Cloud, please visit our website: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-au/public-cloud/