Large Organizations demand exceptional performance, availability, and resilience: OVHcloud expands its Bare Metal server range
Large corporations, banking, health, and other industry sectors are particularly well served, alongside universities and research centers. For these organizations, there is a particular need to have a better price/performance ratio, anticipate any technical risks and develop business growth. All this with a resilient, very high-bandwidth network, and availability across a wide range of geographical regions.
- Managing Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI), particularly for companies that want to consolidate their data centres.
- Software Defined Storage (SDS), which can handle the needs associated with increasing the volume of data to be managed, while controlling costs.
- Virtualization, containerization, and orchestration, for project deployment or application modernization while optimizing hardware and software investments.
- Big Data and analytics, to optimize data usage.
- Archiving and backup, as storage solutions must meet very specific needs, such as agile information flow management, fault prevention, ensuring optimal archiving of critical data, and compliance with applicable laws.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), for large-scale management of remote and virtualized work environments.
Two innovative ranges to meet the highest requirements
The Scale and High-Grade ranges have all the OVHcloud commitments: the latest and most powerful computing components, the best price/performance ratio; with totally transparent and predictable pricing, OVHcloud Link Aggregation (OLA) technology, which allows users to aggregate each server’s network interfaces to boost its availability, while isolating it from the public network and any potential threats, 99.99% SLA Anti-DDoS protection included. Finally, traffic is included and is unlimited.
Supplementing the Hosted Private Cloud catalog, which was recognized as a “strong performer” in North America and a “leader” in Europe in the Hosted Private Cloud market in The Forrester Wave™: Hosted Private Cloud Services, Q2, 2020 report, both ranges are operated according to the most demanding security standards in compliance with ISO/IEC 27001.
- Scale offers a range of 6 servers with AMD EPYC™ and Intel® Xeon® Gold CPUs. It is aimed at companies with high performance requirements. Scale provides the resilience and speed to enable these large companies to grow their business by improving their IT performance. The range offers a guaranteed bandwidth of up to 25 Gbps, and a service level agreement (SLA) of 99.99%, ensuring the best guarantees for hosting the customer’s infrastructure (on private or hybrid cloud).
- High-Grade, consisting of a selection of 10 servers based on AMD EPYC™ and Intel® Xeon® Gold CPUs, is designed for businesses with critical availability and performance needs. The range offers guaranteed bandwidth of up to 50 Gbps and combines computing power, a very high-bandwidth network, and a large storage capacity. It is particularly well suited to use cases involving HCI, SDS or storage, and will grow into a machine dedicated to artificial intelligence.
“These new OVHcloud ranges address the challenges faced by large companies and organizations with critical needs, offering a high-speed, high-availability solution optimized for a wide range of use cases. With the Bare Metal Scale and High-Grade ranges, we want to provide a turnkey, high-performance and versatile solution that allows companies to focus smoothly on their activities and developments,” comments Sylvain Rouri, Chief Sales Officer at OVHcloud. "Some of the Scale and High-Grade servers will also form the technical backbone of the next Nutanix and Netapp package offers, which will soon be offered by OVHcloud."