OVHcloud's Startup Program opens up to scaleups for its 2020 launch
Dedicated support for startups and scaleups
In order to support both startups and scaleups that are putting the cloud at the heart of their business model, OVHcloud has designed a 12-month programme adapted and proportionate to the needs of each:
- A grant of up to €10,000 to be used on OVHcloud products for startups and up to €100,000 for scaleups
- Personalised support of at least 6 hours for startups and up to 20 hours for scaleups.
- A dedicated community space to exploit the potential of the OVHcloud ecosystem
- Access to the Open Trusted Cloud; from the 1st day for scaleups and at the end of the 12-month program for startups
- Opportunities to become better known through joint communications with OVHcloud, booths at international trade shows, speaking opportunities during OVHcloud events, workshops and conferences dedicated to startups (online and offline) as well as joint use cases published on the OVHcloud website
- Startups with the fastest developments can of course upgrade to the level of support dedicated to scaleups during the program
OVHcloud does not take a share of the startup's capital, nor does it oblige the startup to use its infrastructure at the end of the 12 months of the support programme. OVHcloud acts first and foremost as a facilitator, putting startups in contact with what they need most (IP and financing experts, incubators, venture capital firms, etc.) and providing the infrastructure on which their business model is based. This non-binding model guarantees each startup reversibility, interoperability and control of its data.
Today, nearly 90% of startups disappear in less than 3 years. Meeting a need and having strong growth potential are not enough to ensure their sustainability. Reaching a certain level of maturity, having solid infrastructure and a range of trusted partners are crucial for any startup that wants to go the distance. Our objective is to support each startup at its own pace and according to its needs, so that as many of them as possible can take off and maybe even become the next unicorn," says Malgorzata Ratajska-Grandin, Director of OVHcloud's Startup Program, who hopes to be able to support up to 500 startups over the next 12 months.
A first springboard to success
The OVHcloud Startup Program follows the same rules as the rest of the company and applies its concept of a SMART cloud (Simple to use, Multi-local, Accessible, Reversible and Transparent). OVHcloud's open technology is made available to companies participating in the program to accelerate their business and growth with no strings attached.
At the end of the programme, the participating businesses will be able to continue using OVHcloud infrastructure or stop if they choose. They will also be able to become part of the Open Trusted Cloud Program and its trusted ecosystem of SaaS and PaaS solutions.
"We believe that startups are a bridge to the future. They embody innovation and, because digital technology is increasingly pervasive in society, are where most jobs will be found in the future. The mission of OVHcloud's Startup Program is to support this innovation and contribute to economic dynamism by helping young and daring companies to develop in an ecosystem of trust", explains Michel Paulin, CEO of OVHcloud.
To find out more about the OVHcloud Startup Program and join it: https://startup.ovhcloud.com/en/
An international Startup Competition will take place as part of OVHcloud’s annual event, the Ecosystem Experience. To find out more visit: https://ecosystemexperience.ovhcloud.com/en/pitch-contest/